• In-house students who have passed XII (HSC) Board examination from the College are given preference in admission.
  • Vacancies, if any, after giving admissions to in-house students are filled in as per the guidelines of the University of Mumbai and Government of Maharashtra.
  • As per GR. USG.11493(242B) VISHI-4, dated 23rd June 1994 and 7th July 1994, reservation for candidates belonging to backward classes of communities and special category will be as under:

Sr. No.CategoryPercentage
4.DT (A)3
5.NT (B)2.5
6.NT (C)3.5
7.NT (D)2.0
8.Special category*3.0

(*Special category includes candidates seeking admission in sports/cultural quota, candidates of servicemen/ex-servicemen, wards of the employees of state government/central government/private sector coming on transfer in the MMR, wards of freedom fighters and physically handicapped candidates)

  • Rules for candidates seeking admission in Reserved and Special Category:
  1. Only Caste Certificates issued by the Competent Authority appointed by the Government of Maharashtra are valid for seeking admission in Reserved Category.
  2. Candidates seeking admissions in OBC, SBC, DT and NT category must have a Non-creamy layer (NCL) valid for the year 2015-16.
  • Students who have passed XII (HSC) Examination from other colleges and are desirous to seek admission in the College should look for detailed admission programme of the University of Mumbai on the website of the University – www.mu.ac.in.

Documents to be submitted for admission to F.Y.B.A/B.Sc./B.Com:

Documents to be Submitted byList of Documents
All Candidates- Original mark sheet of HSC or equivalent examination.
- Original College Leaving Certificate for other College students.

(Applicants from ICSE, CBSE, IGCSE, IB Boards are required toget their Original School Leaving Certificates endorsed overleafby the Education Inspector/Education Officer of their area.)(Applicants from outside Maharashtra State are required to gettheir Original College Leaving Certificates endorsed overleaf bythe Education Officer of their district.)
Candidates from Boards other than Maharashtra StateAn application for eligibility (available with the college office) along with necessary documents as prescribed in the application.
Candidates seeking admission in Reserved CategoryCaste Certificate issued by the competent authority appointed by the Government of Maharashtra.
Candidates seeking admission in OBC/SBC/NT/VJ CategoryNon-creamy Layer Certificate valid for the year 2015-16.
Candidates seeking admission in Sports Quota- Certificate showing that the student has secured 1st or 2ndposition at the District/State/ National level.
- Certificate showing that the student has won Medal at thezonal level.
- Certificate showing that the student has participated in theState/National level competitions organized by the Indian Schools Game
Association or Indian Games Authority.
- Certificate showing that the student has won Medal at theState level or the student has participated in the State/National level competitions organized by the Indian OlympicAssociation or Maharashtra Olympic Association.

These certificates should be authenticated by the District SportsOfficer or Zonal Sports Deputy Director.
Candidates seeking admission in Cultural Quota- Certificate showing passing of the examination inMusic/Dance conducted by Akhil Bharatiya GandharvaMahavidyalaya. Or,
- Certificate awarded for winning the prize for Acting in the BalNatya Competition conducted by the Directorate of Art andCulture.

These certificates should be authenticated by the competent authority in the office of the Directorate of Art and Culture.
Candidates of Defense Servicemen/ Ex-servicemenFor Ex-Servicemen: Discharge Certificate or Certificate issued by District Sainik Board.
Wards of the Employees of StateGovernment/ Central Government/Private Sector coming on transferin the MMROriginal Certificate showing transfer of the employee from out side MMR to MMR on or after 1st October 2010. Further,the ward must have passed std. XII or equivalent examination from a school/college outside MMR.
Wards of Freedom FightersApplicants, who are dependent on the freedom fighters andare so nominated by the freedom fighters, must submit a certificate issued by the District Collector to that effect.
Physically Handicapped Candidates- Certificate issued by the Civil Surgeon or the Medical Officer of any government/municipal hospital, showing at least 40%disability.
- Students with learning disability must produce a certificate issued by the competent authority.