Government of Maharashtra Ismail Yusuf college N.S.S unit is successfully conducting much constructive and valuable activity under our N.S.S unit. Our college has one N.S.S. unit, which consists of 1 unit of a hundred students. Our unit number is B-20. N.S.S. students cannot participate in D.L.L.E. and N.C.C. Third-year students are not eligible for N.S.S., only first-year and second-year students can fill the form. The duration of this course is 2 years and enrolment fees of the form are only 10 rupees. 1st year and 2nd-year student have to complete 240 hours with one camp.
NSS Programme Officer: Dr. Shahina U Khan (2019-20)
- To Identify the needs and problem of the community.
- To understand the community in which they work.
- To understand their relation with the community.
- To develop a sense of social and civic responsibility among themselves.
- To Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- To Utilise that knowledge in finding practical solutions.
- To involve them in problem solving of community.
- To develop national integration and social harmony.
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Disaster management training programs.
- Fire safety and first aid.
- Tree plantation drives.
- Blood donation camp.
- Career guidance program.
- Essay writing & Poster making.
- Paper and cloth bag preparation.
- Drug abuse awareness.
- Bhajan Sandhya.
- Polio vaccination program.
- Personality development program.
- Campus cleaning program.
Besides regular activities special camps are held by college on behalf of N.S.S. for the improvement of lifestyle of the people. In this camp students undertake many social activities like books and stationery donation, awareness program for villages, teaching in village school, interaction with rural people etc.